That’s good enough for me…
I cannot make or eat cookies without this song in my brain. Thanks, Sesame Street!
The boys wanted to make holiday cookies over the winter break, but we made these instead. We’d never made peanut butter cookies before. Jonah loves them, Leo does not. Clearly, there is something wrong with him. Oh, well. I tried. At least the cookies turned out perfect. I should know, I’ve eaten most of them.
Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Adapted from the recipe in The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.
yield: about 3 dozen
- 1¾ cups white whole wheat flour, sifted (or all purpose flour)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer (equivalent of 1 egg)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar (I used dark)
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy; “natural” meaning it’s only peanuts)
- ½ cup nondairy butter
- 3 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup nondairy chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup peanut butter chips (or chopped peanuts) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper, or use nonstick, or silpats.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whip the egg replacer and water together (by hand in a new bowl, or with blender or food processor) until thick and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, milk, and vanilla. Beat with hand mixer until well blended. Add the egg replacer mixture and beat until just blended. Add the flour mixture and blend in. Finally, mix in the chips/nuts, if using.
- Use your hands to gently roll chunks of batter into pieces about golf-ball sized and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until set and just beginning to brown. Do not overbake! Remove from oven, let cool on sheet for a few minutes before cooling further on wire rack.
- Try not to eat all at once, although who can blame you, really.
2 thoughts on “C is for Cookie”
These look awesome! Can’t wait to give it a try!
huuuughgg those look amazing except they’re not currently in my face, so way to fail.